Friday, August 29, 2014

Divorced Again

My recent lifestyle change has been a pleasant one. Even though I have been on my own several times in the past, over time I had forgotten how much I enjoy the quiet times and predictability of being alone. I knew I missed it, but I didn't know how much. Where most people tend to be bored out of their skull, I find myself being very relaxed, thoughtful, and enjoying the time to reflect. I also find myself generally sleeping better (and without ear plugs).  My new home is clothing optional, and thanks to the stellar weather we've had this summer since I've moved, it has been very optional--as in hardly ever. I find myself almost in a hurry to get home these days. While I have always been in a little bit of a hurry to get home, it was just so I could take my shoes off and have a beer. Now, it's different. I am hurrying home to my place. I can unwind. I can think.
Maybe it's partly because Edgewood, my new home, is almost a sort of rural oasis.  It's surrounded on all sides by the hustle and bustle of traffic gridlock and human over-activity only a few miles away, but here it is very relaxed and quiet.  There are large fields of grass, barns, pastures, and all sorts wide open spaces.  There are very few apartment buildings here. I wake to the sounds of chickens, which I find strangely refreshing. Back behind my place there appears to be a menagerie of Alpacas, geese, and chickens. The geese occasionally emit their 'squonk' but other than that all I ever hear are the chickens. I love being able to slide a morning window open and hear chickens clucking or the occasional rooster crow, and none of them are close enough to bother me.  Oddly enough, there seem to be no outdoor dogs anywhere around. Maybe people don't feel the need to have canine security devices here like they do in other places.

Things are peaceful.  Things are predictable.

No comments: